Friday, April 17, 2009

This is what we in the business call "hype"

An announcement: Sometime in the not-too-distant-future (speaking of, anybody remember this?), you're going to start hearing yet another sparklingly witty and startlingly visionary voice on here... that's right, our freelance concepualist, Pete the Polymath is going to get all highbrow on y'all, start dropping some seriously meta conceptual concepts... basically, it's going to be mad sick. Obvi. I don't want to let any of his cats out of the bag, or get anybody too excited, but... "conceptual regional sasquatchery" is a phrase that's been said more than once today with a straight face. I'd tell you to get ready for the greatness, but I don't think that's even possible. All I can really recommend is brushing up on your knowledge of things like parthenogenesis and hippotherapy.

(PS: The reference to polymathy reminds me of a riddle/truism a wise woman (yes, it was Danielle) once told me: What's the difference between a Renaissance man and a Renaissance woman? The Renaissance woman can't understand science.)

No comments: